Calling all actors, writers, artists, and musicians. Saraswati is the Hindu goddess of music and poetry and her story is the stuff of Bollywood movies. The first time I saw her was in the blue hut of a Thar Desert home filled with images of deities who played a magical role in their family life. I had just slurped opium juice from a shaman’s hands during the welcome ceremony so I might have been high, but I swear she was smiling at me! Recognized by her pet swan while playing a veena (musical instrument) her message is that each of us is a limitless being. When we take our focus off the material world and raise our vibration through music and creativity we spark new ideas.
I wish I could say I brought back amazing Saraswati statues from India, but they were difficult to locate. Although her image is everywhere – finding ultra cool pieces proved challenging. So, for now I just want you to know about her because she is important.
- She blesses artistic projects
- She focuses your mind on your talents
- Saraswati helps you make better life choices
- She teaches you to overcome fear, indecision, and ficklesness
- Saraswati tunes your mind inward for perfect harmony
- Without Saraswati there is only chaos and confusion
Are you creative and could you benefit from Saraswati inspiration in your life?