Did you know that incense sends your prayers to heaven?
SPIRIT begins with prayer and what better way to speed up that communication than by lighting incense. SMOKE is the vehicle that dispatches your wishes and dreams to the universe. Incense is a powerful tool dating back 6000 to 8500 years. The trend took off spreading to Greece and Rome when Babylonians wafted incense sticks during prayer. What you need to know is that true pratitioners of magic use only powdered incense for magic – other types just smell good.
Here’s my guide:
- Sandalwood – Real Indian sandalwood is pure magic. It vibrates with Ganesh to remove obstacles, bless new beginnings, and attract prosperity.
- Dragon’s Blood – Dragon’s aren’t real, silly. This plant resin is a powerful remover of negative energy.
- Francinsense – Another plant resin used in churches to create a sacred space.
- Sage – American Indian tool to protect against evil. Use with caution because it clears the energetic slate but then you have to add positive energy back with other incense.
- Nag Champa – A masala incense that makes your home smell hippie dippie.
- Vanilla – The sex bean of a plant that stimulates sensual energy
What’s your favorite type of incense?